Learn to become a Fire Pujari in our Fire Pujari Initiation Program!
Our Fire Pujari course is designed for aspiring pujaris (one who does puja, or moving prayer) from all traditions who want to enrich and expand their personal spiritual practices and learn to do an authentic ancient vedic fire puja (agni hotra) with depth and true inner wisdom. We offer this course once a year starting each May.
Our training draws from the ancient spiritual roots of the Vedas. Under the guidance of Swami Agni Ma, students will gain an experiential understanding of all the elements of Fire Puja: the mantras, the creation of a dhuni and altar, how to make ritual ghee and how to offer and invoke Agni and all the forms of the Divine Feminine during the ceremony. Students will also learn how fire puja works to influence and change your experience of life and your experience of the Divine, both during the ritual and beyond.
2022 Open House Sessions
For anyone interested in the program, we are offering Open House meetings on the following Saturdays from 9 am to 10 am:
January 8, 2022
February 12, 2022
April 22, 2022
RSVP to save your spot at the open house - email email@example.com.
An In-Depth Study of Classical Vedic Fire Puja
Our training will take you deeply into the experience of Fire Puja as a moving meditation that deeply and mystically connects you to the Divine and helps clear and burn away obstacles, pain and karma for yourself and others.
Throughout this immersive course you will:
- Gain a deep understanding of the rituals of Fire Puja in this lineage of Yoga as well as other lineages that also originated in India, the power of Agni and each of the elements of the Puja
- Learn the techniques of Fire Puja
- Learn how to immerse yourself in the process of the puja -- how the pujari is cleansed, connected to the Divine, and transformed throughout the preparations and the rituals of the puja
- Learn how to make and dress the dhuni
- Learn to make ritual ghee
- Learn how to do water puja as part of Fire Puja
- Learn how make ritual garlands
- Learn to create an altar for the Fire Puja
- Learn how to make prasad
- And experience the ultimate purpose of puja: Deep connection to the Sacred.
In addition, you will gain an understanding of the 108 forms of the Divine Feminine invoked in Fire Puja, the vedic texts relating to Agni Hotra, and ritual puja as a form of Bhakti Yoga. You will personally experience each of the elements of the puja as forms of the Divine as you participate in the different aspects of our training course. After completing our course, you will be well prepared to do Fire Puja.
Each Saturday students will:
- Study a different aspect of Fire Puja
- Learn various mantras and immerse in study about the Divine Femine forms invoked in the mantras.
- Gain hands-on experience through the creation and performance of a full Fire Puja together
- Through a carefully guided exploration of Fire Puja, students will be initiated into many of the ancient vedic rituals and practices and learn how to unleash the power of puja to clear the energetic and spiritual body and create a deep connection with the Divine, clearing themselves and others of karmic suffering to bring joy and bliss.
Through a carefully guided exploration of Fire Puja, students will be initiated into many of the ancient vedic rituals and practices and learn how to unleash the power of puja to clear the energetic and spiritual body and create a deep connection with the Divine, clear themselves and other of Karmic suffering to bring joy and bliss.
The course has two parts. Level 1 meets one full Saturday from 8 am to 4:30 pm (with a 75 minute lunch break) approximately every 5-6 weeks, beginning May 2022 and ending October 2022. Level 2 meets one full Saturday from 8 am to 4.30 pm (with a 75 minute lunch break) each month, beginning May 2023 and ending October 2023. Significant homework and practice is assigned after each Saturday throughout the course.