- Arrive on time.
- Don’t eat for two hours prior to practicing yoga.
- Please turn off cell phones.
- Remove your shoes before entering the yoga room.
- Always use a yoga mat or towel on the floor.
If you have any major health problems or are pregnant, please let your teacher know before beginning your practice.
What should I wear?
Wear comfortable exercise clothing and bare feet.
What should I bring?
A yoga mat is required after your first month of practice at Kashi Atlanta. We have mats you can borrow while you are first trying yoga, but recommend that you bring your own. You may also bring bottled water. Please don’t bring open containers into the yoga room. Don’t wear perfume or cologne.
Do I need to come to my first class early?
Yes. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to fill out a one-time registration form.
What if I can’t touch my toes?
Flexibility is required only for your mind; we will work on your body. Yoga meets you where you are, even if you can’t touch your toes yet.
How often should I practice?
It is great to develop a daily practice, but if you can only practice once a week, that’s ok too – you’ll get out what you put in.
- The 11 Karmic Spaces by Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- The Bhagavad Gita
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- The Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda
- Sky of the Heart by Swami Nityananda
- Yoga: Mastering the Basics by Anderson & Sovik
- Asana Pranayama Mudra Bhanda by Swami Saraswati