Our apprenticeship programs offer opportunities to dive deeper into what you have learned in your Classical Yoga Teacher Training. Each year, graduates of our Yoga Teacher Training Program and Energy Medicine Program are invited to participate.
Approximately five are chosen for each program each year and have the ability to learn how to teach in a deeper way by assisting in teaching the courses. One-on-one support is offered by our Senior Yoga Teachers and by Ayurvedic and Reiki Practitioners throughout the course.
CYTT Apprentice Program
Our Classical Yoga Teacher Apprentice Program is a one-year immersion focused on your transformation. This year is devoted to changing your life through the practices of yoga, meditation, selfless service and community. You study intensely with Swami Jaya Devi.
The Apprentice program comprises three components. The first is yogic practice. In addition to studying with Swami Jaya Devi and doing your daily yoga sadhana, you will begin mentoring with our Kashi Atlanta senior teachers, teaching our $5 yoga classes and substitute teaching for any of the Kashi Atlanta yoga classes. Your focus expands as you deepen your work and evolve as a teacher.
The second component is meditation and inner work. Throughout the Apprenticeship, you receive spiritual practices, or sadhanas, from Swami Jaya Devi to be used to deepen your connection with yourself and to catalyze change from within. As you explore who you are, examining your fears and loves, your awareness deepens, your heart opens further and you begin to grow and change.
The third component is selfless service and community. Giving selflessly of your time and effort frees you from your smaller self, the ego, and opens you to newness. It lightens those places where you may have been stuck for a long time, allowing you to become unstuck and grow. This work also connects you to your community, to other people around you. Human beings don’t operate in a vacuum; we are all interconnected in much deeper ways than we understand. Consciously placing your life in the midst of community, taking those around you into account, is a very mature and rewarding place to live from.
The Year-Long Immersion includes the following:
- Three Immersion Weekends with Swami Jaya Devi
- Three Private Apprentice Groups with Swami Jaya Devi
- Sadhanas and practices with Swami Jaya Devi
- Unlimited Yoga for the Year
- 1 Kashi Atlanta Ten Day Yoga Detox
- Laxmi Puja Celebration
- Monthly Check-ins (1st Wed of the Month) with other Apprentices and Apprenticeship Coordinator
- Monthly Meetings with Mentor
- Substitute Teaching for Kashi Atlanta Teachers
- Teaching of ongoing Student Teacher Classes ($5 Yoga)
As a Kashi Atlanta Apprentice you make the following commitments:
- Practice a daily sadhana, including special meditations/sadhanas from Swami Jaya Devi
- Attend two classes per week including Spiritual Growth and Meditation (on average). Within these two classes per week, attend two per month with mentor and two per month with Swami Jaya Devi outside of Spiritual Growth and Meditation
- Engage in ashram seva for the hours you have committed to
- Write to Swami Jaya Devi at least once per month
- Live the yamas and niyamas
- Practice conscious conflict resolution in all areas of your life
- Strive to live smoke-free, drug-free, alcohol-free and largely vegetarian
- Participate in KidsArt or Street Meals once a month
- Attend and help at Kashi Atlanta Fundraisers (Yogathon, etc.), and Community Events
- $175 per month with a commitment of two hours per week of seva
As part of the Kashi Atlanta Apprenticeship, you actively shape the direction and content of your year of study and growth. At the beginning of the mentorship, you meet with your Apprenticeship Mentor and discuss your strengths and weaknesses, how you want to shape your apprenticeship to develop a deeper understanding of yoga and yoga teaching. We want to focus on what you want to change and how you want to grow over this year long immersion. Throughout the year, you continue to meet monthly with your mentor.
Kashi Atlanta apprentices must be a full graduate of the Classical Yoga Teacher Training Program by August 1.
Reiki and Energy Medicine Apprentice Program
Since 2010, we have had annual apprenticeships in Reiki and the Chakras which allow Reiki Masters and Chakra practitioners to deepen their experience and exposure to Energy Medicine. We are now pleased to offer two tracks, one in Energy Medicine and one in Ayurveda. The Ayurveda track is new and we are very excited about it. Know that regardless of the program you follow, all apprenticeships are about:
- Loving compassionate kindness
- Embracing your power
- Conscious conflict resolution
- Skillful intentional life
- Mindful communication
These programs are only open to graduates of either A Natural Path’s courses or the Classical Yoga Teacher Training held at Kashi Atlanta. They are not open to the public without special consideration. All apprenticeships cost $84 per month over the course of the year, from Winter Solstice to Winter Solstice, which is the duration of all apprenticeships. That comes to @ $21 per week. All roles and responsibilities will be discussed and agreed upon in writing, including what we offer for the apprenticeship and what you get out of the apprenticeship. Usually the contract is presented for review one month before the start of the apprenticeship, by December 1st at the latest.
Our Reiki and Energy Medicine Apprenticeship Program is one year and starts in December. Apprentices will be immersed in a monthly theme reviewing each facet of energy medicine as well as participating without fee in all energy medicine classes, workshops, and circles. Each theme will include a ritual practice and a symbol practice as well as readings centered around Energy Medicine as a whole. Homework is kept to a minimum outside of classes already attended.
During the year, apprentices are asked to come early and stay late to each class taught and support the primary teacher. The most important pieces of this apprenticeship will not be verbal but experiential and for that you must show up.
Apprentices will meet with one of the coordinators monthly. There will also be a monthly workshop on energy medicine where each apprentice will have private time to participate, craft and teach if desired.
Every month you will be able to attend and receive:
- one reiki circle
- one 75 minute support phone call
- one public 3 hour workshop on energy medicine
- one private 3 hour workshop on energy medicine just for you (every three months)
- receive no less than 10 hours of class instruction on the chakras and reiki
- a private consultation/conversation if desired
- receive monthly teaching focused on your heart, the elements, and healing
In return you will give:
- $84 per month at the full moon
- time at each class you attend to help support said class.
- 5 hours of time per month to help support the A Natural Path business
- your commitment and time towards your own growth and self-mastery
Once complete, all Energy Medicine apprentices may choose to continue with A Natural Path as an actively supported teacher and community member.