Kashi Atlanta is a non-profit organization. Our mission has always been one of education, service and healing, with living roots in the spiritual teaching of gurus Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati and Neem Karoli Baba.
We fulfill our mission through yoga, service and loving spiritual community. Body, mind and spirit are nourished in a safe, caring environment that encourages real healing and spiritual growth.
Our Core Values
At Kashi Atlanta, we are committed to these core values and ideals:
We believe the whole universe is alive, and the ability to connect to this aliveness is everyone’s birthright.
We believe bliss lies just on the other side of fear and pain.
We believe we create a kinder world by practicing kindness in every moment.
We believe everyone matters, and we accept everyone unconditionally.
We believe that everyone must learn to drink as they pour.
We believe gratitude is the highest form of love.
We believe everyone deserves and wants to live a simple, well-balanced and wholesome life.
Kashi Atlanta’s organizational structure pairs best business practices with the aspiration for spiritual growth.
While Swami Jaya Devi Bhagavati is the Executive Director and Spiritual Teacher of Kashi Atlanta, the operations of the ashram are led by Jaya Das Bhagavati. Jaya Das has the main responsibility of taking care of Swami Jaya Devi and of the ashram. He manages a group of seven Directors, each with responsibility to lead a particular area of interest for the ashram.
Almost the entire organization is lead and run by volunteers, we have only a very limited number of paid staff. Our eternal gratitude is offered to everyone who takes the lead to participate in Kashi Atlanta and make it into the amazing place that it is.
- Sanyassin, Yoga Acharya and Spiritual Executive Director: Swami Jaya Devi Bhagavati
- Executive Director: Jaya Das Murphy
- Director of Office Operations: Dharmanatha Jaya Lewis
- Director of Volunteer Coordination: Radha Rani Jaya Person
- Director of Physical Operations: Maha Tara Jaya Nierman
- Director of Yoga Programs: Agni Ma Jaya Bhagavati Mushkin
- Director of Fundraising: Agni Jaya Starfire
- Director of Finance: currently vacant
- Director of Marketing: Amala Jaya Kappenstein